Audition using the following material. If you cannot attend the live auditions, upload a recording to YouTube and include it in your application in SOMIS.
- Scales: Any two scales, one in major and one in minor, covering three octaves, in sixteenth notes at a tempo of ♩ = 96 m.m. or faster. Demonstrate slurred, detache, spiccato, and sautille bowings.
- Arpeggios in a major and minor key other than those selected for the scales, played at the same tempo as the scales, three octaves, with slurred and spiccato bowings.
- A movement from solo Bach Suite or a Telemann Fantasie.
- A slow movement from a sonata, concerto, or a slow piece that demonstrates tone quality.
- A fast movement from a concerto that demonstrates technical ability (such as those by Stamitz, Hindemith, Bartok, etc).