Audition using the following material. If you cannot attend the live auditions, upload a recording to YouTube and include it in your application in SOMIS.
- Two contrasting etudes from the Weissenborn 50 Advanced Studies
- One solo of your choice (no accompanist necessary)
- Chromatic Scale
- Three octaves (or more, if possible)
- Recommended Tempo: ♫ = 100 m.m.
- Major scales
- Full range, if possible (for example C major can be played three octaves; G major can be played two octaves plus three notes, to high C)
- In eighth notes (recommended tempo, ♫ = 100 m.m.)
- Harmonic minor scales (not required, but encouraged)
- Full range, if possible (for example C harmonic minor can be played three octaves; E harmonic minor can be played two octaves, and five notes, to high C)
- In eighth notes (recommended tempo, ♩= 100 m.m.)
Note: Selections need not be memorized.