MM IN MUSIC EDUCATION
Master of Music in Music Education
Upload the following to the indicated sections of the online application:
- A current résumé.
- Verification by a school administrator of successful public/private school teaching with appropriate teaching licensure (one year minimum or equivalent required before beginning the program). After receiving this document from the school administrator, scan and upload it to the online application.
- Two 800- to 1200-word essays on the following topics:
- Discuss what you perceive to be one of the most important problems in public school music education today and propose a possible solution(s).
- Reflect on an area of personal interest in music teaching/learning—one that has direct connection with your own teaching—and propose how you might explore it further given the time and opportunity to do so.
- Recordings (recorded within the last year) of:
- A representative rehearsal or music class you taught (approximately 15 minutes).
- A representative performance of a group you trained and conducted (approximately 15 minutes).
- A representative solo performance on your major instrument (at least two pieces of contrasting style).