RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS
Doctoral dissertation on acoustical components of belt and classical voices. Also participated in a research project sponsored by the BYU department of music and headed by Dr. Clayne Robison involving acoustical analysis and vocal esthetics. The results have been given as an invited paper at the 123rd meeting of the Acoustical Society of America and appeared as an article in the September/October 1994 issue of the N.A.T.S. Journal.
AWARDS, HONORS, SOCIETIES
Member of PI KAPPA LAMBDA (National Music Honor Society) and KAPPA DELTA PI (a national Honor Society in Education). Teaching-assistantships and scholarships at Brigham Young University, University of Utah, and Northern Colorado. Past president of the Southern Utah Chapter of N.A.T.S.
ACADEMIC ADMINISTRATIVE EXPERIENCE
- Non-major Voice Coordinator at Brigham Young University
- Inter-disciplinary voice teacher working in Classical, Musical Theater, Pop, and Jazz disciplines.
- Studio Voice: 1/92 – present. As faculty member at Brigham Young University.
- 1/92-6/92 As a faculty member of Utah Valley Community College.
- 1989-1990 As a graduate assistant at the University of Northern Colorado.
- 1982 – present. Private class voice with his wife in own business: Voiceworks
- DA, Performance and Pedagogy, minor in Opera Directing, University of Northern Colorado, 1997
- MM, University of Utah, 1988
- BA, Music, minor in Computer Science, Brigham Young University, 1985
- DA, Performance/Pedagogy , University of Northern Colorado (1997)
- MM, , University of Utah (1988)
- BA, , Brigham Young University (1985)