Percussionists take part in many ensembles in the BYU School of Music. Many of these ensembles require auditions and some do not. Below is a list of some of the ensembles that require percussionists.
- Percussion Ensemble
- Directed by Dr. Matt Coleman. This ensemble focuses on percussion works for up to 15 players. Audition is required.
- Tangents Percussion Quartet
- This advanced percussion quartet focuses its efforts on connection with the percussion community both locally and worldwide. Tangents regularly records performance videos and premiers new works for percussion. Audition is required.
- Panoramic Steel
- The BYU Panoramic Steel is an exciting opportunity for students to perform Calypso music. Audition is required.
- Gamelan Bintang Wahyu (gah-meh-lahn bin-tahng whah-yew) is an ensemble of musicians from all across the BYU community who are dedicated to learning and performing the traditional and contemporary music of Bali, a small but artistically rich island in the Indonesian peninsula.
- BYU Drumline
- BYU Drumline is the heartbeat of the BYU Cougar Marching Band. The Drumline is open to anyone who auditions. Audition information is found on the Cougar Marching Band website.
Premier Ensembles require an audition: