big drum BYU bandsPercussion Area Degree Programs

Percussion performers may study for one of six degrees. The links below cover all degree requirements and, for undergraduates, include the suggested plan by which to achieve them, called the Major Academic Plan (MAP).

For more information about these programs, please contact Will Kimball at 801-422-2375 or

In addition, percussion performers may major in composition, commercial music, or music education. Applicants intending to major in those areas should contact the relevant faculty prior to their audition, who may request additional performance repertoire, faculty interviews, portfolios or other materials.

Undergraduate Admissions

Complete information about undergraduate admissions can be found here under the “Admissions & Aid” pages.

Graduate Admissions

Complete information about graduate admissions can be found here under the “Admissions & Aid” pages.

For more information, please contact April Clayton at 801-422-1177 or

Contact Us

If you have any questions or comments, please send us an email, and we'll get back to you!

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt