“I could solve my most complex problems in physics if I had not given up ways of thinking common to children at play.”
— J. Robert Oppenheimer
We believe that
- The first 5 years of life are the most important for building a strong music foundation.
- Parents and family are the first and most important music teachers.
- All children are musical and can learn about rhythm, melody, form, dynamics and sound colors from birth.
- Young children learn best when they are free to explore and make discoveries, guided by supportive adults.
- To encourage developmentally appropriate music making at home with very young children.
- To provide supervised teaching experiences for select college students enrolled in elementary, early childhood and music education.
- To gather research regarding music and the young child.